Re: How to start konqueror as "Myview"

  • Subject: Re: How to start konqueror as "Myview"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:27:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
Bram Schoenmakers wrote:

> JS wrote:
>
>> Thank you it works perfect! Is there some command to start it in root
>> mode?
>
> kdesu 'konqueror openProfile Myview'
>
> Note, Myview must be defined in root's Konqueror.

To save time, consider doing what I warmly recommend. Install xbindkeys (if
not installed already) and add the following to your .xbindkeysrc file:

          "kfmclient openProfile filemanagement &"
          control+alt+s

          "kfmclient openProfile filepreview &"
          control+alt+u

          "kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing &"
          control+alt+h

          "kfmclient openProfile midnightcommander &"
          control+alt+t

Set the four views so that they open frequently-accessed locations, possibly
with thumbnails (multiple panes).

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com