Re: Chin up bar idea ...

  • Subject: Re: Chin up bar idea ...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 02:30:55 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.fitness.weights
Young Man wrote:

>> It depends on many factors. How stable/heavy is the tire base? How would
>> you
>> connect the pieces? How much you weigh and how you perform the exercise
>> will have an impact too...
>
> True. Good points.
>
>> How about these chin-up bars which you stick between the two sides of a
>> door's lintel? Some of them are pretty long-lasting. Other will cause
>> damage to the doorway and walls...
>
> Yeah the problem is that I'm a pretty tall guy so those doorway ones (and
> I've tried them) are too restrictive.

Even with knees bent??? You can raise your legs towards your stomach too,
which makes the exercise more difficult, but exercises the abdominal
muscles.

Some of these lintel bars can also be installed on walls. The question is:
do you have short-distanced opposite walls around the house?

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com