Re: Image Viewer - A Sin?

  • Subject: Re: Image Viewer - A Sin?
  • From: Blinky the Shark <no.spam@box.invalid>
  • Date: 15 Apr 2005 06:49:22 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> tm wrote:

>>> Interesting website. What was your question again?

>>> That's somewhere east of 'whitelace'? Wait...

> *LOL* What are you doing to us? We are trying to get some work done...

:)  I always like that actress on a particular sitcom, and discovered,
today, that she also had a singing career.  Investigating that, I found
that site.  My favorite images were 11 and 20, because together they
nicely show two quite contrasting sides.

>>> Who cares, it works, right? Why get caught up in html
>>> technicalities?

>> I do.  That's why I asked.  Muggings work, too, but that doesn't mean
>> they're a good thing.  Oh, that's a technicality, right?

> Regarding technicalities, forms will consume more resources so they
> are not the ideal way of handling this task. Certain
> borwsers/devices(platforms) might not support them either, so it is a
> loss.

> When I first entered the site I did not realise it was implemented
> using forms. I actually had my mind focused on something else so don't
> worry about "view source". Since you don't deliver 'techie' news here
> (and considering the nature of the site), it will probably have 90%+
> IE6 users.  So, I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for the input, and for that input being more than a simplistic
knee-jerk reaction.  I've not an immediate need for such; this was just
- good or bad - something that caught my eye.  The code, I mean. :)

--
Blinky               Linux Registered User 297263
Now killing all posts originating at GoogleGroups