Re: Spammers Keep posting in my guestbook...

  • Subject: Re: Spammers Keep posting in my guestbook...
  • From: Carol W <from_you@nomail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 05:24:22 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 02:26:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

[snip]
>-Use a different (safer or less popular, i.e. scarcely known) guestbook
>package.

Could consider using a guestbook script that
* slips in rel="nofollow" attribute on links shared [so those
linksharing wou'd be ignored by Google, Yahoo, and MSN]
* doesn't allow HTML in the comments
* allows the 'owner' to disallow/ignore certain touches - like <a
href=""> in the comments area or automatically sharing an URL as a
clickable link.

Carol