email forward rules

  • Subject: email forward rules
  • From: "Andy" <andy@indigo.ie>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:07:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
Hello All,

In a bid to clean up my inbox in Outlook Express I was getting fed up with
all the forwards (Fw: in the subject line of the email message) that were
coming in - so I thought I would apply a message rule so that any future
emails with Fw: in the subject line will automatically go into my deleted
items folder whilst also send a friendly message back saying that I no
longer read forwards and they get deleted straight away.

However what is happening is that it is sending a message back to the sender
but instead of the words coming up in the main window it is just sending it
back as an attachment with an extension of .eml   - does anyone know the way
of having the words show up in the main body of the email hen it is sent
back rather than an attachment - or is this just not possible to do with OE?

Andy