Re: Palm T5: How Do I Restore Factory Defaults ?

  • Subject: Re: Palm T5: How Do I Restore Factory Defaults ?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:26:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.palmtops
Dave wrote:

> I am selling my Palm Tungsten T5 on Ebay. Obviously I will want to erase
> all my personal data and restore the PDA to its original settings...
>
> How do I do this ?
>
> Regards
>
> Dave

I believe that if you hard-reset with full data loss and /not/ synchronise
afterwards, all should be fine. To the new user this means that once Palm
Desktop is installed (or synchronised with the new device), the PDA will be
accommodated with the necessary programs and data.

This essentially puts your T5 in the same state as a new device, the only
difference being that the battery has some 'juice' left.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com