Re: Ripping off entire content

Paul Burke wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 14:22:24 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>>Paul Burke wrote:

> <snip>
>>
>>Have a look at the following. I noticed it appearing in an MSN SERP:
>>
>>http://www.successischildsplay.com/inspirationalpoemsuccess/
>>
>>For a given term, it has been moving around the top 10 for quite some
>>time. This page is a linkbase with content that is ripped off other Web
>>sites. There are plenty of such sites, but they rarely appear among the
>>top results in good search engines.
>>
>>Roy
>
> Ah them !
> I've seen a number of these appearing on some of my IBLs
> Mostly about clipart.
> They never ask for a link back ....... not as if they were going to
> get one anyway ;)

They wouldn't ask for a link back because they have lust for your content
(same ol' copy&paste) and do not expect any 'favours' in return. In fact,
they probably hope you would not spot them and file a complaint. Yesterday
I spotted a decent number of referrals from:

http://sitemap-news.blogspot.com/

Can you see any links in the /body/ of that item from July 31st? It is a
carbon copy of something I wrote the very same day:

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/07/31/rss-sitemaps/

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com