Re: E2 upgrade?

  • Subject: Re: E2 upgrade?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 04:13:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Colleen M. McKiernan wrote:

> "JunkMonkey" <Jnkmonkey@notscape.not> wrote:
>> Sorry if this has been discussed, but I've been out of touch for the last
>> 6
>> months.   What's the user community's take on the E2?  If you have a
>> working,regular E, is it worth an upgrade?  The differences between the
>> two
>> don't really look like much of an improvement, but you never know. . .
>>
>> I'm specifically looking for improved battery life, any real improvement
>> in
>> this area?
>
> Hi.
>  I love my E2. Now, realistically, it was an upgrade from an m125, but
>  it's
> still a great machine none the less.

I know what you mean. My upgrade from the M130 was not a real upgrade in
/practical/ terms. This comes to prove that flash does not equal
practicality.

> It's battery life is amazing - I'll
> listen to Mp3s at work and after eight hours, it will still be 95% full.

I find it hard to believe. The battery indicators are deceiving as they
don't show a linear depletion. Even with the screen switched off, the CPU
that works on decoding of MP3's will consume a great deal of energy. You
won't get 100 hours of playtime unless the PDA has a nuclear reactor for
power.

> I've had it for two months now, and other than a small technical problem
> that I need to get fixed (read: I'm procrastinating, because I don't want
> to lose it for a week or two), it's perfect.

If you have problems, share. *smile*

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com