Re: Google Images Update

  • Subject: Re: Google Images Update
  • From: Paul Burke <webmaster@houstoncrafts.com>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 03:57:32 -0500
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 03:37:15 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>This message will interest those whose referrals benefit from site graphics
>and traffic from Google Images.
>
>The Google Images index has just been updated -- an event that occurs around
>3 a times a year. As a result, if your number of images has significantly
>increased, you might observe extra traffic shortly. If you have not had any
>graphics added recently, you might get less traffic unless crawling has
>picked up images that were previously missed.
>
>Roy

Thanks for the HU Roy

I have a filter in place to stop people hotlinking. The down side to
this is when google now caches the pages, the images are not cached.

Thankfully this filter was added after the last update.
IF the google-images update has finished, then I am lucky as it still
shows them.

I have virtually cornered the market for kachina clipart :)

plh
Paul

--
http://www.FirstPeople.us
Native Clipart, Wallpaper Pictures, Legends, Wisdom, Art. Safe Surf Rated.