Re: Yahoo updating IBLs

  • Subject: Re: Yahoo updating IBLs
  • From: Paul Burke <webmaster@houstoncrafts.com>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 06:01:24 -0500
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:56:19 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>Paul Burke wrote:
>
>> Yahoo has been updating their IBLs overnight.
>> Big jumps for mine. One shows 10800 and the other 18700
>>
>> plh
>> Paul
>
>I never realised that Yahoo 'pick up' so many links successfully. I have
>just done a quick checked and it stands at quite a high level, with just
>about any conceivable link included among the results.
>
>This sure is something for Google and Technorati to envy. I think they pick
>up links selectively, but nevertheless, they make it hard for the user to
>see who links to his/her site/s.
>
>Any clue about Yahoo's IBL update cycles? To what extent are their search
>results affected by # of IBL's?
>
>Roy

Hi Roy
They seen to do a "big one" about every 2 month or so. But dont hold
me to that. That is how the last lot have happened.

Okay, the IBLs change in small amounts almost daily, but these type of
jumps don't happen as often.

No idea about the search results.

plh
Paul