Re: ctrl-alt-del is logging me out of KDE

  • To: chat.foster@web.de
  • Subject: Re: ctrl-alt-del is logging me out of KDE
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:36:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
<posted & mailed>

Nikolai Försterling wrote:

>> ctrl-alt-del is logging me out of KDE without confirmation. It's
>> very annoying. I'm using SuSE 9.2 with KDE 3.4.2. I have disabled
>> this key combination in the control centre and in YaST security
>> settings but it's still doing it.
>
> so why do you press it if you don't want that result?
> if you want confirmation, use the menu entry "logoff".

It takes longer to reach it, so I agree with the OP.

> imho less annoying than restarting immediately, like it is from
> console.
> what behaviour do you want it to have?

The OP might want to have the choice to restart, shut down or log off. I
know I do...

Something tells me that I once passed by the option in question while
'touring' YaST2. I couldn't find it again as I checked as hour ago, but I
suspect it exists somewhere.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com