Re: AdSense "Goooooogle" and "Google"?

On Saturday 20 August 2005 16:14, Guy Macon wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>They do exactly the same at the bottom of the SERP. I think it's a part of
>>the "don't be evil" mantra. They try to be a little toyish, that's all.
>>Given the source of the name Google, these 'o's (or zeroes) might have
>>some meaning/significance too.
>
> Each "o" is a clickable link that takes you to a different page.
> The pages are the same as you get by clicking the numbers below
> the Goooooooooogle.  That way, if you are a bit high when clicking
> on the number it still works.

Yes, I am aware of that *smile*, but the main question, which was asked by
the OP referred to the "Gooooooogle" in AdSense. I never thought deeply
about the motive for this, but I assumed it was Google's intentional,
fun-loving immaturity.

This question was asked before:

http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic47459.html

Many people seem to agree that it's ineffectual, yet cute.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
http://Schestowitz.com