Re: [OT] Men

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Men
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 04:17:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
On Saturday 20 August 2005 18:41, Red E. Kilowatt wrote:

>> On Saturday 20 August 2005 15:08, PHPGB wrote:
>>
>>> <alt.www.webmaster , Allis , allis@allis>
>>> <r_2dnV5ortjhq5reRVn-gA@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> <Sat, 20 Aug 2005 06:56:13 -0700>

>>> I'm never had any problems asking for directions - some men are just
>>> idiots I suppose :-)
>>
>> Me neither. I always ask for directions when I need them. Women can
>> be odd too, you know. I once dated a girl who refused to open a map
>> while on the street. I later saw a girl on TV that refused to do it
>> as well. Why should anyone be embarrassed to appear like tourist?!?!
>> Is it some subconscious fear of being kidnapped?
>>
>> Roy
>
> Oh, you two are so gay.    ;-)
>
> A REAL man never asks for directions. It's encoded in our genes as part
> of our hunter-gatherer heritage to forage about till we find what we
> want.

There is nothing more masculine than asking for directions on the street. If
I am late for an appointment/meeting somewhere that is foreign to me, I
will definitely ask a local. Going round in cicles, stubbornly trying to
pin-point the location you are after is far more embarrassing than asking.

I am still being asked for directions much more often than _I_ ask for
directions. Maybe I appear friendly to people. *smile*

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Mod me up and I'll cherish you"
http://Schestowitz.com