Re: View Processes, Cron Privileges

___/ On Thursday 25 August 2005 14:59, [Kevin Nathan] wrote : \___

> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 03:38:16 +0100
>
>> which appears to have done the trick. Declaring a TERM assignment
>> alone without 'export' seems to be insufficient.
>>

> Depends on how you do it and if you want it to remain changed. If you
> want TERM to remain changed after:
>
>    export TERM=linux
>    top -b -n 1 >> ~/public_html/caption.txt
>
> or:
>
>    export TERM=linux ; top -b -n 1 >> ~/public_html/caption.txt

I added just a call to an external script among the cron definitions, so the
latter is unnecessary.

> If you don't want TERM to remain after:
>
>    TERM=linux top -b -n 1 >> ~/public_html/caption.txt

Now, that's interesting, but I don't understand what difference it would
make it TERM remained afterwards. You are just well ahead of me, I guess.
Anyhow, here is the outcome of it all to put things in context:
http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/08/25/screen-and-usage-grabber/

Thanks for all the help!