Re: Google's Dilemma

___/ On Thursday 25 August 2005 19:23, [Big Bill] wrote : \___

>>To make any profit from advertisements, you need to get some
>>well-justified ranks, thereby traffic. If you intend to plague our Web
>>with spam to achieve that goal, well... let's not continue this
>>discussion. But that's the reality when it comes to most freebie-content
>>sites...
>>
>>Fraudulent(ish) content, so why not destroy the Web too? That's why I hate
>>public content. It makes the internet an easy dumping ground for duplicate
>>content, as valid as it may be.
>>
>>Roy
>
> A dilemma for Google as they make their money (adsense) by supporting
> pollution of the environment that makes their money (web).
> Glad I not they.
>
> BB

Good point. They have a dilemma because they can reduce the quality of their
results, but at the same time may get higher profits for it.

By referring the surfer to the .gov Factbook, they will get no money. Refer
the surfer to a Factbook mirror with AdSense and you give the surfer the
same content and increase your (Google's that is) profit. This is a
potential point for Google criticism and friction in the future. Call it
hypocrisy perhaps.

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: ~70% of organisms are bacteria
http://Schestowitz.com