Re: Alexa Toolbar - alexatoolbar.xml

__/ [Timmermans] on Thursday 01 December 2005 08:49 \__

>> __/ [Tim Stokes] on Wednesday 30 November 2005 12:49 \__
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Can anyone explain why I'm seeing the file "alexatoolbar.xml" appearing
>> > in my web stat logs? Does the Alexa Toolbar request it when visiting a
>> > site? Do I need to create a file and put anything in it?!
>> >
>> > FYI, last month I had 64 hits to the file (which doesn't exist on the
>> > server!), and roughly 200,000 page views.
>> >
>> > I can't find anything about it anywhere on the web.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance!
>> > Tim
>>
>> That's odd. Alexa request a file which contains a menu-like index, but its
>> name is:
>>
>> siteinfo.xml
>>
>> Could this be an alias?
>
> When I updated my info there Alexa asked for me to place an info.txt in the
> root... are we talking about the same thing here?

They must have changed their conventions then. Last time I embedded an
siteinfo.xml was 6 weeks ago. This seemed to have worked all right...

Tim, if you have nothing to do with Alexa, shove back some c**p in return to
invalid requests.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    /earth: file system full
  3:45pm  up 1 day 13:12,  3 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.58, 0.69