Re: Google always behind?

  • Subject: Re: Google always behind?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 08:42:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [Luigi Donatello Asero] on Thursday 08 December 2005 04:45 \__

> "Timmermans" <steventimmermans@xxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet
>>
>> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>> > "Timmermans" <steventimmermans@xxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet

> notice
>> > that
>> > results
> only

>> > Are you sure that it did not happen before as well?
>>
>> My question was not if it has happened before, but why this happens.
>> Does it really take two days to crunch the numbers?
>>
>> Steven
>

> Perhaps it is a part of a strategy. Search engines do not want to reveal
> their results before they have put them in order.

What was your site's address again? Did you define a crawling cycle in the
meta? Although it is said to be ignored by crawlers, I once set mine set to
2 days. As I browse through some random deep pages in Google cache, I see a
5-day delay, a 6-day delay... The front page has a 2-day delay.