Re: RSS Feeds

  • Subject: Re: RSS Feeds
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 01:44:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [mike] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 01:17 \__

> hello, im looking for a program (php or something simaler) to install on my
> server that will decode RSS feeds so that they appear normally on my site.
>
> For instance : http://news.google.com/?output=rss  is a free RSS feed from
> google that updates all the time.
>
> I would like to install a server based program that can decode and display
> the feeds normally.
>
> Is there a particular RSS program that is more popular then others? i would
> like to have the most common and basic program installed.
>
> any info would be great.
>
> thx
>
> MB

What you are probably looking for are blog aggregators and the likes of them,
e.g.

http://www.planetplanet.org/

Just follow the link trail as the tools (namely parsers) should be free.

Also see:

http://rsstoblog.com/

Be warned as it is often used for scraping, i.e. plagiarism. It's very
notorious.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector"
  1:40am  up 9 days  8:51,  14 users,  load average: 0.56, 0.64, 0.71