Re: Computer worm traps child porn offender in Germany

__/ [Sinister Midget] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 17:40 \__

http://today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2005-12-20T095144Z_01_ROB035477_RTRUKOC_0_US-CRIME-GERMANY-WORM.xml
> http://tinyurl.com/cdetp
>
>    BERLIN (Reuters) - A child porn offender in Germany turned himself
>    in to the police after mistaking an email he received from a
>    computer worm for an official warning that he was under
>    investigation, authorities said on Tuesday.

>    The trap was set when the man got an email saying "an investigation
>    is underway", that listed the sender as Germany's Federal Criminal
>     Police Office (BKA). Police charged him after finding pornographic
>     images of children on his home computer.

Give everyone PGP for E-mail and modtapping will be over [1].
Give everyone secure connections and you will be blind to traffic.
Give everyone HTTPS-type access to sites and ISP's will be storing junk [2].

Microsoft Windows - the optimal choice for governments.

[1] http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4534488.stm

[2] http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4527840.stm

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
  5:50pm  up 10 days  1:01,  6 users,  load average: 0.73, 0.51, 0.32