Re: Are the script kiddies really this bored?

__/ [Bobbie] on Saturday 24 December 2005 08:13 \__

> I was just going through the /var/log directory on my machine when I
> noticed that I had 10 zipped firewall log files. Each file is about 300kb
> and unzips to about 4Mb. Each log file seems to span three or four days.
> It seems that ports 135, 137, 139, 445, 1027, 1028, 1029 are the popular
> ports. I did get a few hits on port 4899. Oh, and there's port 1433.
> What irks me is the frequency of the scanning.
>
> Oh well.

Should we ask why *you* bothered to *look* at your logs? I must confess that
I am no exception. Christmas is a great time to experiment with new scripts,
applications and the like. In fact, there appears to be a surge in the
number of downloads around Christmas and NYE.

Happy /hol/i/days.log