Re: Finding & replacing (KATE, Word, OpenOffice)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> You can achieve that and much more in OpenOffice 2. You can even search
> and replace with styles and regular expressions. In a showcase for OO2, a
> great deal of time was dedicated to the search and replace facility alone.
> Have a look into it. I dare you! *smile*

Actually I should have mentioned that I have tried out OpenOffice, AbiWord,
and KOffice in order to solve the problem - all were unsuccessful. The
reason for this is the one common factor in the search-and-replace function
- regular expression - the same one used in KATE. They ALL cannot find and
replace 2 consecutive newlines with 1 newline.

Now, I am really no expert in manipulating regular expressions - perhaps I
am missing something. I need to do further research on this ... after the
holidays :)

Happy holidays

Joe