Re: HDD speed differences

  • Subject: Re: HDD speed differences
  • From: "Dennis Pogson" <dennisnospam_pogson@ntlworld.com>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 09:01:54 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.laptops, uk.comp.sys.laptops
David Gartrell wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to decide whether to buy a laptop with 2x60Gb 7200RPM
> drives or 2x100Gb 5400RPM drives. a 200Gb capacity really appeals to
> me but the difference in speed has left me undecided on the best
> thing to do.
>
> Is the difference in speed really noticeable on a laptop?  I'm
> thinking particularily from a gaming point of view.  Any experiences
> you have that you can share would be greatly appreciated - especially
> if you're into gaming a lot
>

> Thanks very much

Surely games are memory-driven, so the HD seek times are irrelevant? What
you need is a fast processor and lots of memory. The latest Centrino
perhaps? The last time I played any game on my laptop was in the early 90's,
so I'm no expert. Perhpas others will contradict?

Dennis.

--
Remove "nospam" from return address.