Re: Re:CSS validator and Word pad

  • Subject: Re: Re:CSS validator and Word pad
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 09:09:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> skrev i meddelandet
> cu44pi$2jfh$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk">news:cu44pi$2jfh$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk...
>> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>>
>> > To my surprise
>> > I have just been able to save it by Notepad.
>> > After doing that I could validate the page as css.
>>
>> I know it's rather obvious, but you will gain very much by changing to an
>> editor with colours, markup, etc. The last time I used Window$ for
> editing,
>> I tried Tera Editor which was free. I now use KWrite under Linux.
>

> Why?
> I save the files online, so I  almost immediately see how they look like .
> It seems to me that Wordpad has a larger memory than Notepad,  that´s
> probably why I can save large files by Wordpad but not by Notepad.
> I do not have so many large pages though, so in most cases Notepad works.

I was not talking about editors that support preview of Web pages in tandem.
I am talking about editors that visualise hierarchy and structure. This
helps you keep track of what you construct as you type. Having said that,
if you don't build complex pages, the gain from such editors will be small.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com