Re: RSS Feed - need an Idiot's Guide to RSS News on my website

  • Subject: Re: RSS Feed - need an Idiot's Guide to RSS News on my website
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 04:19:29 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
teach_me6@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to RSS, XML, ETC...  I attempted to follow some experts
> directions but my synapses glazed over.   I can code basic HTML stuff,
> but that is about my limit.

To get feeds working, you must separate your content from the layout first.
It sounds to me like you write static pages.

> Is there a simple step-by-step guide to adding these popular RSS News
> Feeds to my website?

Off-the-shelf installations are probably the least time consuming and the
most reliable.

> I don't have access to to install new stuff on
> the server, and hope I can still add these new bells to my site. Thank
> you for your help.

Do you at least have an SQL server? There are several different options for
creating feeds, but it seems to me like you turn to the more difficult
ones.

> Signed,
> feeling sorta stupid

This is actually an advanced-level question about a recent technology.

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com