Re: Very Simple JavaScript Question

Hywel Jenkins wrote:

> In article <crlb86$2rqp$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>, newsgroups@schestowitz.com
> says...
>> Let us say I have a JavaScript function called get_one() which returns a
>> one. I am not entirely sure if the returned value can be accessed only by
>> another function.
>
> The value returned can be accessed by any other function or operation as
> long as it's within scope.

That's what I imagined. I need to fetch a URL for an image. Does it mean I
have to write a block, assign it an ID and then overwrite it with
document.write? I have done this with <div> before but what if I have a
very  large <table>...</table> block?

> ...though which version of HTML are you using?  Presumably it's an old
> one, seeing as you've got a <font> element.

I simplified a much larger problem. I don't use <font>

Thanks,

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com