Re: Matlab6R13 does not start on Linux

  • Subject: Re: Matlab6R13 does not start on Linux
  • From: "Max Herrmann" <blaetterundsterne@gmx.net>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:11:34 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.matlab
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Max Herrmann wrote:
>
>> Student version MATLAB6R13 on SUSE-Linux:
>> 1. Installation completed successfully.
>> 2. Upon typing "matlab" in the shell, MATLAB requests the
>> documentation-CD to be put in the rack.
>> Problem: that´s where it already is. MATLAB just won´t access
the
>> cdrom-drive
>>
>> Thank you for your help
>
> I am using the same version, also under SuSE Linux. I got MATLAB
> from the
> local server and what you describe might indicate that a licence
> cannot be
> found on the network. Is that possible? Are you in an academic
> institute?
>
> Is MATLAB installed locally or do you want it to run from CD-ROM or
> be
> CD-ROM-dependent?
>
> Roy
>
> --
> Roy Schestowitz
> <http://schestowitz.com>

Thank you for your answer.

MATLAB is installed locally on a single computer at home.

The reading of the documentaion-cdrom must be some sort of
copy-protection.

I think the problem is based on a mismatch in the cdrom-device
settings.

In recent postings I read somebody had modified his /etc/fstab-file.
I tried his approach but it wouldn´t work with me.

Actually I´m not too much involved in OS-stuff yet.

Thank you for your time

Max Herrmann