Re: Compaq Presarrio

  • Subject: Re: Compaq Presarrio
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:06:04 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.sys.laptops
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.laptops, uk.comp.sys.laptops
ChrisB wrote:

> A friend has a Compaq Presarrio (500 model I think).  He cannot get it to
> switch on.  The power supply lights up but the laptop is dead, whether he
> uses battery or mains.
>
> Any idea what this can be?
>
> Many thanks

I have a Presario 1246 and it sometimes fails to power up, either from mains
or from battery. In the past I removed the battery and gave it a 15-minute
'rest' before it worked again. Whether ti made a difference or not I am not
sure. This has gone on for about 2 years, but it's rather rare. I suspect
that the power unit is to blame.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com