From C++ to Java

  • Subject: From C++ to Java
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 04:19:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.lang.java
Hi,

I have asked this question in a C++ newsgroup, but I did not get quite the
answer that I had hoped for. I would like to find out if there are tools
which make large transitions from C++ to Java easier. I am looking at about
one hundred classes with a logical hierarchy and many dependencies.

Will any tool convert syntax semi-automatically? Will any tools simplify the
construction of Java classes? Are there any tools or Web links that refer
to this subject? Maybe some advice? Is this a smart move at all?

I would be very grateful for any input that you are able to give.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com