Re: Palm Notepad files missing

Tom Weston wrote:

> Roy
> thanks for the reply, what should I do with the files?
> Tom
> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in message
> ctcan1$193$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk">news:ctcan1$193$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk...
>> Tom Weston wrote:
>>
>> > Hello
>> > I was forced to disconnect the battery on my Palm TT2. When I restored
> the
>> > files there were no Notpad or Memo pad files on my Palm. Can anybody
> where
>> > the Notepad and Memopad files are stored on my pc? I assume they should
> be
>> > stored in c:\program files\palm\tomwesto\somting but I cann't find any
>> > thing.
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> > Tom
>>
>> c:\program files\palm\tomwesto\memopad\Archive.MPA
>> c:\program files\palm\tomwesto\memopad\memopad.bak
>> c:\program files\palm\tomwesto\Note Pad\Note Pad.BAK
>>
>> Any luck yet?
>>
>> Roy
>>
>> --
>> Roy Schestowitz
>> http://schestowitz.com

With MPA: Go to Palm Desktop -> 'File' Menu -> Open... (or open archive
maybe) -> Open the MPA file from its path.

With BAK: Before you do anything, make sure you 'throw' some copies to your
desktop (or another directory) so that you can revert the changes. The idea
is to overwrite the data file (.dat I think) with the BAK file. However, I
think that BAK files are overwritten every time you synchronise. This means
you can only take a single step back (I am not 100% sure about it).

If you can tell me the size of the files you have and which file you have
and do not have, perhaps I can help further. Have you made in backups in
the past?

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com