Re: Starting existing Win98 installation from a floppy?

  • Subject: Re: Starting existing Win98 installation from a floppy?
  • From: Chris Bolus <chris@b0lusSPIDER.com>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:14:29 GMT
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.win95
On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:25:19 +0100, Bonge Boo! <bingbong@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>The reason is I have an existing Win2k installation on my C drive. I know
>need to dual-boot. So rather than knackering my Win2k installation by
>whacking 98 on that disk, I have put another drive in. However it shows up
>as the D drive. I have tried editing the 2k boot loader but it fails to see
>the Win98 partition.
>
>Ideally I would have a boot floppy that I could use to boot 98 from the D
>drive when I (very infrequently need it).
>
>Otherwise I guess I can install 2k over 98, make that disk C, then try to
>get my existing 2k isntallation working when it suddenly becomes the D
>drive.
>
>Past experience has shom me that Windows really doesn't like drive change
>letters.

Does your motherboard not have an option to select the boot drive? I can
choose which drive I boot from; this is not a new computer either. I
used to be able to choose to boot to 98 or XP, before the 98 drive
failed :-/
--
Regards,  Chris       (remove the arachnid to reply by e-mail)

****** Please email in plain text ******