Re: blogger.com weblogs disappear from Google?

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:52:17 -0600, "Mikkel Møldrup-Lakjer"
<mikkel@fabel.dk> wrote:

>"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>db0rqi$5b0$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk">news:db0rqi$5b0$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk...
>> Mikkel Møldrup-Lakjer wrote:
>>
>> July 8th?!?! Come on... who are we kidding? *smile* Up for 2-3 days and
>> then
>> gone for half a day? An implication of millions of blogs penalised as a
>> consequence?
>
>It just seems strange as it is the first time I have experienced that new
>pages are first indexed, then disappear from the index.

It isn't the first time we've experienced it.

>I didn't say all of those blogs, I just noticed that a few other and _older_
>blogs than mine, that were indexed before, have also disappeared. I have
>looked some more, and many blogger.com blogs are still indexed, while many
>others, picked by random, are not indexed by Google - and thus no Google
>cache can be displayed for those pages.
>
>> If only a sub-directory was excluded, you have no reason to worry.
>
>Isn't it strange though?

Google is strange. People who expect an ordered universe really won't
ever be happy with the internet. We're all pioneers here, some relish
it, some don't.

>> Get used to these shocks. I have have had many big shocks when my site was
>> attacked, when Google missed me in its indexing cycle (DNS migration at
>> that exact same time) and when my site got suspended for being exposed to
>> XML-RPC attacks. We live and learn.
>
>Scary.
>
>Mikkel

Scary goes with the badge. Someone should hag a big sign over the door
to the internet; "Whatever you used to know, forget it - it's not like
that in here...".

BB
--
www.kruse.co.uk/ seo@kruse.demon.co.uk