Re: Google Update

  • Subject: Re: Google Update
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:16:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Jean-Marc Langevin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've heard some rumors stating that there might be a PageRank
> Update on the 21th of this month.
>
> I wonder if you guys knows about that and what does it consist in
> and what the impact of such action.
>
> Regards,
> Jean-Marc Langevin
> k3-media.com

According to some notes I took
(http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/03/04/google-refresh-cycles/)
it ought to have taken place already. I don't expect the intervals to be
fixed, but it has been a long time since the last update and as Google
expand their datacentres, you would expect the intervals to decrease, if
anything.

The number of research results often inflates as time goes on and days
before the update, this number significantly deflate, which is somewhat of
a prelude to a PR update.

I noticed the deflation in number of results when using regional Google
search. Number deflated by about 75% for the SERP I track and remained
fixed ever since.