Re: ad services that pay per impression?

  • Subject: Re: ad services that pay per impression?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:48:01 +0100
  • Followup-to: alt.www.webmaster,alt.business.misc
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster, alt.business.misc
Ignoramus13314 wrote:

> On 14 Jul 2005 06:36:57 -0700, scrunchy2k@yahoo.com <scrunchy2k@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do any of ad providers pay per impression?
>>
>> I'm tired of this useless pay per click model.
>>

> Google adsense has a mix of PPC and CPM advertising. Try them, they
> actually have very relevant ads (not the "you have been selected as a
> lottery winner" or "click here to kill the monkey" junk), and good
> payouts.

You say "good payouts", but what do you perceive as a good return? Cover for
the hosting costs or utility bills too? For me, Google AdSense only does
the former only (just over USD 30 a month). I suspect this can be described
as disappointing by those who seek profits (I am not among these), e.g.
forum administrators, search engines and blog hosts. Blogger were acquired
by Google because they failed to make profits despite all the traffic.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com