Re: Google Update

  • Subject: Re: Google Update
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 04:47:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
www.1-script.com wrote:

> Jean-Marc Langevin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
>> I've heard some rumors stating that there might be a PageRank
>> Update on the 21th of this month.
>
>> I wonder if you guys knows about that and what does it consist in
>> and what the impact of such action.
>
> It appears to be happening right this moment (looks like about 20% of the
> datacenters are updates to this moment). It will most likely be completed
> by 21st of this month if not earlier.
>
> The major result of such upgrade is re-shuffling of the SERPs: some sites
> will end up higher in SERPs, and some lower. I would say that if you had
> zero PR before, you will most likely move up the SERPs ladder. It may not
> have too dramatic an impact on your traffic if you move from position #9
> on page #33 to position #2 on page #16, but you always have to start
> somewhere ;-)
>
> Good luck!
>
> Sincerely,
> Dmitri

I can confirm something is going on. While going through my browsing cycle I
noticed some unusual PR values in sites that I typically visit. I then
checked mine, but there were no changes. If somebody is interested, I have
a Google cron job that will inform you as soon as your PageRank changes:
http://www.schestowitz.com/Software/Google_Cron/