Re: Setting up aliases outside .bashrc

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> You have to source the script, not execute it from .bashrc. Sourcing is
>>> done like this:
>>>
>>>         . yourscript.sh
>>
>> I have the following in my bashrc:
>> test -s ~/.alias && . ~/.alias
<snip>
> Thank you Houghi and Arne for the quick response.
>
> I have used the first solution as it was simpler.

Just wondering. The second (my) solution is already standard in .bashrc.
The first solution is not. How is the second solution easier then the
first. With the second, the only thing you have to do is add .alias in
your homedirectory.

Also other users on your system can just add .alias to their
homedirectory and it will work out of the box.

--
houghi						      http://houghi.org

All my postings should  be read as if each line has a smiley behind it,
unless indicated  otherwise, including the signature.