Re: Increasing PageRank and Traffic?

  • Subject: Re: Increasing PageRank and Traffic?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:24:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Darren Tipton wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Been reading this group now for quite a while, and been attempting (where
> I have time) to put into practice the things I've learned.

I am not sure we are people to /learn from/. Search engines are enigmatic
and all we do is speculate and judge based on the patents proliferated by
Google et al.

> My site has been up about a year, sits at PR3 and gets around 50,000 PR's
> a month. Is that reasonable? Should I be getting a lot more? Could I get
> alot more?

Get you give me some of these 50,000 PR's? I can distribute them across
5,000 sites to give them PR10. Did you mean "visits"? If 50,000 is the
number of visits, you ought to get a higher PageRank. You definitely can,
too.

> I've tried to get IBL's with some success, but google doesn't seem to pick
> them up, it's update cycle is rather long compared to the likes of MSN,
> Yahoo.

It does not necessarily /list/ all links, but it probably follows them,
which leads to higher traffic and plenty of indexing. Google usually crawls
the most among the search giants.

> Anyway, address is in sig, any ideas as to what I could do to improve
> things? Advice appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Darren

The same old tricks and tips probably apply. They could not fit within a
single message, so finding relevant Web pages and tutorials would be a good
starting point.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com