Re: SuSE Time

  • Subject: Re: SuSE Time
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 13:47:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
McKinley Morganfield wrote:

> This may or may not be a SuSE(9.3) thing. It may well be a hardware
> issue or BIOS. I check for and update my system every week. I noticed
> in the last 2 weeks my PC time moving forward (~30 mins every 2-3 days).
> Other than being annoying I can live with this BUT I want to rule out
> that it not SuSe. I know, I know, I will check for BIOS update, but
> I thought I'd ask first. ;-)

I had a similar problem that I later posted here:
http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2005/March_2005/msg00026.html

In short, you can get the clocked aligned via the Internet assuming that
your connection is persistent or, if sporadic, goes live occasionally. I
haven't solved my problem yet, but I no longer run experiments locally so
the problem never returns.

Have you tried refreshing your desktop (right-click upon wallaper)? The
alternative is "Adjust time/date", then entering the root password. The
time then gets refreshed, always, so the BIOS is in fact just fine. That's
the way I get around the trouble if it ever comes up. By the way, I come
across similar problems in Windows so it appears to be quite universal.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com