Re: Google rising or falling?

  • Subject: Re: Google rising or falling?
  • From: Paul Burke <webmaster@houstoncrafts.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:22:10 -0500
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:37:22 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>Paul Burke wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:16:56 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I thought you guys would find it interesting. According to:
>>>
>>>http://blogs.zdnet.com/ITFacts/?p=8400
>>>
>>>Google shares as a search engine have declined, but another study shows
>>>different figures and reports that Google are gaining strength:
>>>
>>>http://blogs.zdnet.com/ITFacts/?p=8396
>>>
>>>Roy
>>
>> Have you read this ?
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4702841.stm
>
>Yes, many quarterly results have come out recently.The Microsoft revenue has
>increased too, but by a lower proportion than expected. Their stocks fell
>2%. One wonders how IE7 with that built-in search bar (which one would
>guess is not going to have Google as an option) will affect the search
>engine wars. I think they shove that search bar anywhere they can these
>days, thereby exploiting their domination of the operating systems market.
>Be afraid.
>
>Roy

But how many have the google toolbar installed ?
I don't see any harm. Anyway, I rank better in MSN and yahoo than I do
in google for most of my keywords (for the commercial site) anyway.
It will be good to see how they rank with this search bar.
plh
Paul