Re: Printing multiple html docs - windows

  • Subject: Re: Printing multiple html docs - windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 04:25:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
JDS wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:41:28 -0700, unwiseone wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know
>> how to print all files at once?
>
> for i in *html
> do
>   html2ps "$i" | lp
> done
>
> oops! you said "windows".  Can't help you. Get a good OS[1]

I was going to suggest something similar:

lpr -P[PRINTER] *.htm

The investment in learning an operating system with a CLI (command-line
interface) is invaluable. You can manipulate thousands of pages using
short, unambiguous statements. Unfortunately, I don't think Windows Vista
will incorporate a new CLI. There were talks about whether Longhorn (at the
time) would have sufficient time for that inclusion. I can't give you a
definite answer.

Your best friend at present are keyboard accelerators, e.g. CTRL+O
(traditionally) for "Open...", CTRL+P for printing and so forth.

I strongly believe that poor user interfaces and lack of productivity tools
are the key motives for people employ Windows-proficient users to open and
print document in batch mode, copy numbers from papers, run daily jobs
(otherwise cron jobs)... you probably see where my argument is going.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com