Re: Tips for choosing new domain name?

  • Subject: Re: Tips for choosing new domain name?
  • From: Lobster <davidlobsterpot601@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:38:06 GMT
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Lobster wrote:

I want to create a new .co.uk domain name for personal use but am having
great difficulty finding a reasonably short and snappy one which hasn't
already been taken.  I want something which is easily recognisable over
the phone and doesn't sound totally daft!  And I don't really want to
use anything based on my name, which would be an obvious one I suppose.

I'm sure every English "single word" .co.uk domain must have been
snaffled by now, and very many "double word" ones too, Are there any web
resources out there which give tips on choosing names, or generate
multi-word combinations which might be worth checking? Or even random
made-up words?!

Have a look at deleted domains. This is where you often find the treasures.

Good one - thanks: will try that. David