Re: Forgotten root password

  • Subject: Re: Forgotten root password
  • From: houghi <houghi@houghi.org.invalid>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:21:56 -0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> houghi wrote:
>
>> I know it has been asked before and here the solution from Novell.
>>
>> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/trench/15629.html
>>
>> Cool Solutions have more neat things to check out and/or try.
>
> They must have made it a possibility because some users were negligent
> enough as to forget the root password.

If you mean with `they` SUSE, then you are wrong. This has been always
possible. When you have physical access to the machine you will be able
to turn off the root password.

--
houghi						      http://houghi.org

All my postings should  be read as if each line has a smiley behind it,
unless indicated  otherwise, including the signature.