Re: Life management software?

  • Subject: Re: Life management software?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 05:12:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Notan wrote:

> me@privacy.net wrote:
>>
>> Call me crazy but I need "tools" to better help me
>> manage my life and achieve goals. I'm so dang busy
>> anymore and its only gonna get worse when school
>> (college) starts. I need to work "smarter" and not
>> harder.
>>
>> I need help. I need something to "leverage" me.  Maybe
>> a clone of myself?
>>
>> Anyway....ever feel like that?
>>
>> If yes does there actually exist software or services I
>> can buy to help!
>>
>> I need some kind of super duper even manager, contact
>> list, relationship builder, blah, blah, blah.
>>
>> Serious.... anything like that out there?
>
> What *are* you talking about?

Notan, the guy starts college soon so let's not be critical. *smile*

It is not difficult understand the message which the OP was trying to get
across, but the description was too -- shall we say -- 'fluffy'.

OP, have you looked into any PDA's yet? If not, I advise you to get a
demonstration at a local shop and get a feel for how it can help you. My
Palm definitely helped me enormously as a student. It was not a "clone of
myself" as you called it, though it was like a secretary in my pocket,
which allowed me to manage many things at once and keep my mind open and
focused on what really mattered.

There are no super-super event managers, but there are better and worse
ones. Get a feel by browsing/querying the Web for related topics or by
getting hands-on experience at a shop.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com