Re: Wiki for Information Management

  • Subject: Re: Wiki for Information Management
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 17:01:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
me@privacy.net wrote:

> Another idea I had was to install wiki software on a
> home server. use it for collaboration and info
> management on a personal level. Good idea? Bad?

I have set up two Wikis one of which is public and one gets used to manage
conversations and collaborations with friends of family. I had to do some
work on stylesheets which made it usable as a communication tool. It was
unnatural and time-consuming.

I suggest that you use an on-line tool like Ta-Da (Third-party) or the Horde
project (Linux server). They were built to serve as information management
Web applications that are accessible from anywhere.

Converting a Wiki into a todo list is an idea that stimulates my mind. I
think you came up with a good idea, which I would be happy to collaborate
on.

Hope it helps,