Re: Pinging my site with search engines

  • Subject: Re: Pinging my site with search engines
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:32:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Richard Quick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A few months ago I came across a web page that would let me "ping" my own
> site to get search engines to look at it.  Unfortunately I can't remember
> the name of the site.
>
> Does anyone know which site I'm refering to?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard.

There's plenty of them. I can recall using one years ago, but it didn't seem
to have an effect. I think SE's don't honour them because they look for
quality (citations) rather than initiative.

I'll check my bookmarks... can't find it anymore, but try a Web search for
"search engine submit". If you have cPanel hosting, you will have a
built-in feature of this nature.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com