Re: is palm OS dying?

  • Subject: Re: is palm OS dying?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 03:45:05 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Bruno wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:35:05 GMT, Bas wrote:
>
>>I am worried that it is. What does everyone think?
>>
> I have been away from this group for awhile. I switched to the dark
> side, you know. Last week, I saw this beautiful new high-end Palm
> device, so I checked. Then I saw it is running PalmOS 5.4. What the
> heck is going on here? Will there *ever* be a PalmOS 6 device?
>
> I'm glad I switched.

To me, all that is practically needed from a PDA is a small
schedule/alarm/MP3 player. The rest are toys because I use desktops
machines for everything unless I am out on the street.

Pocket PC's are heavy, large, and slow. In that sense, they can never
improve my life. I cannot watch films while I walk. I don't desire to
either. What's more, if you use one of the powerful operating systems, you
will need a device that's fully compatible, supported, and open. Speaking
of which, OS 6 might be conceded, I think, because of the switch to UNIX.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com