Re: Great Domain Name

  • Subject: Re: Great Domain Name
  • From: info_at_1-script_dot_com@foo.com (www.1-script.com)
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:58:08 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
  • Sender: info_at_1-script_dot_com@foo.com (www.1-script.com)
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Imagine trying to type your own domain name into a web browser...

> Imagine what a potential client will think. The SEO is pulling
> spammers'
> tricks. It's like one of these site whose title is "FREE! Download
> pictures, photos, gallery 24/7!!! Free Download".

> ....would you hire this man?

I seriously doubt a *normal* person (that is, one that does NOT think "PR"
when someone says "Google") would even know there is a trick. Sure, it
looks extravagant, but for your normal potential customer it probably
means nothing dodgy.
It is, obviously, not intended to by typed in but rather clicked on in a
search, so length is not a problem.
Bottom line: it looks kinda silly (IMHO), but if it works for the guy - it
is not fundamentally different from "seo.com" (seo.com is NOT a SEO
business, BTW)  or any other slick and catchy domain name.

Sincerely,
Dmitri
http://www.1-script.com/install/
Check out my CGI scripts installation offer

Article posted with Web Developer's USENET Archive
http://www.1-script.com/forums
alt.internet.search-engines - 8973 messages and counting!