Re: How do I send a data file to a Palm?

  • Subject: Re: How do I send a data file to a Palm?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 03:08:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
AaronJ wrote:

> "Avraham Makeler" <amakeler@bezeqint.net> wrote:
>
>>I have a Tungsten E.
>>
>>1. How do I send a file over if the file is a data file that the Palm does
>> not recognize.
>
> The TE (or any Palm OS unit) will not recognize or work with anything in
> main memory but pdb and prc files.There are ways around this. You can put
> any kind of file on an SD card and there are Palm programs that will work
> with them from there. Also there are conversion programs to convert on the
> desktop for use in the Palm memory.
>
> Sending these types of files to the SD card is best done with a card
> reader.

Conversion programs are probably what you'll need. Doesn't Doom come with
documentation? Surely it's a common difficulty.

>> In this case it is a WAD file from Doom to run with the Doom port.
>
> I have no idea here. Doom port??  Not on my TE... ;)

Not a very crucial Palm problem, is it?

>> And how can I control in which folder it puts it?

I think it's part of the HotSync conduit and will be hard to change.

>>2. How can I rename a file (name + suffix).
>
> Free file managers like Filez and FileProg will do this.
> (freewarepalm.com)

I checked yesterday due to this post. FileZ cannot rename files.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com