Re: Palm Rants

  • Subject: Re: Palm Rants
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:10:05 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
NASCAR20 wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 22:51:48 +0200, "U. Lippke" <shorttext@gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Ray Ingles wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> There are hacks and third-party apps that implement all of the
>>> features you want. ...
>>
>>The clipboard hacks I tried years ago affected the stability of my PDA. I
>>chose the latter.
>>
>>> But they did get a lot of things very right, and I still prefer my
>>> Palm to any other handheld I've run across.
>>
>>I too prefer my PalmOS handheld (without trying others).
>>Seems, we are part of the problem. ;-)
>>

>>Gruß
>>Uwe
>>
> I've tried others and came back to Palm. I feel the OS for Palm is
> more stable. I prefer the 505 that my wife is still using with no
> problems over the iPaq I bouoght (just sits on the desk now, not
> used). I tried the iPaq for about 6 months, then went abd bought a T5,
> and prefer it by far.

Some might say that it depends what you use your PDA for. If, for example,
what you are interested in is games, videos and a Windows environment, then
WinCE might be okay.

When you want to handle data reliably and quickly, nothing beats the Palm. I
might as well add that the new models offer nothing more, in purely
practical terms, than the M500 series.

It all depends, of course. Some people have patience to write E-mails using
Graffiti or browsing the net on a 320x480 display.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com