Re: LifeDrive

  • Subject: Re: LifeDrive
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 06:51:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Mousetater wrote:

> Never having had a PDA, I'm looking at this one. Multimedia storage.
> wifi/etc. looks good for the $$. Can anyone tell me how you input  info,
> without a keyboard? Say, instant messaging or just composing a brief
> email? Is it that Graffitti program??
> Any info on this unit would be helpful. Especially in conjunction with a
> GPS.
> TIA
> Mark

Input is entered in a relatively natural form. You scribble hand-written
letters on one region of the screen, which in turn interprets the strokes
and turns them into text. If you type on a keyboard relatively quickly
/and/ you expect to write large lumps of text in your PDA, then get a
full-sized, foldable keyboard.

The LifeDrive is relatively heavy, but you should favour it over the T3 and
T5 if:

1. You need large storage capacity, e.g. music, a massive amount of
documents, etc.

2. You need WiFi for work. Not for playing about with, but for actual work.

3. You do not foresee yourself putting your PDA in your shirt's pocket.

Hope it helps and good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com