Re: Backlink update

  • Subject: Re: Backlink update
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 07:50:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Stacey wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> There appears to be a backlink update going on, or completed. I am showing
> some changes in my site. No PR change though.

Does anybody know when Google re-shuffles its results drastically? My
downtime over 3 weeks ago caused Google to neglect my site. Why is it that
AV, Yahoo, MSN and Webcrawler did not have the ranking affected as a result
of that downtime?

Quoting http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html:

"Each time we update our database of web pages (about once a month), our
index shifts: we find new sites, we lose some sites, and site rankings
change. If your site was dropped from Google and you have not made major
changes to it in the last month, we will likely pick it up again in our
tried to crawl it."

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com